This is a center fire rifle competition conducted at the benchrest position using the International Benchrest Shooters Hunter Rifle Targets. Two shots are fired at each of the five targets on the target sheet. There are typically four relays with the aggregate score determining the competition winners. The scoring format is ten points for touching the inner ring with an additional point awarded for touching the bullseye and then a decreasing point value for shots in each of the outer rings. There are two rifle categories, Factory Class for off the shelf retail rifles and Custom Class for all other rifles. The match director shall make the final classification determination on all rifles.
Matches are usually held on the third Saturday of each month but may change due to conflicts with other scheduled events. Check the range calendar to verify match dates.
- $10.00 per match.
- Kenmore Range Safety rules will be applicable to this match.
- Chamber flags are required.
- Eye and ear protection are required.
- Non club members may participate but must complete the Public Shooter Waiver Form at the time of registration for the match.
- Match check in is between 7:30am and 8:40am. The match begins at 9:01am.
- Setup time is from 7:30am to 8:45am. Rifles may not be uncased during this time.
Firearm and Ammunition:
- Any center fire rifle with a 20X or greater scope.
- Ammunition is limited to center fire cartridges. Armor piercing, tracers, 50BMG, steel or tungsten cored bullets, as well as steel jacketed cartridges are prohibited per Kenmore Range policy.
- The number of cartridges required for score is 40. Additional cartridges are recommended with an unlimited number allowed during the ten-minute sight in period. Unlimited sighters may also be fired during the course of each relay.
Course of fire:
- An initial 10 – minute sight in period.
- Four relays of ten shots each using either the IBS 100, 200, or 300-yard Hunter Rifle Targets depending upon the match distances of the day.
- 13-minute time limit per relay.
- The targets will be scored after each relay.
- Benchrest only
Rifle supports allowed:
- Tripod benchrests or adjustable front stands along with rear benchrest rifle bags are allowable
- Bipods – either standard or F class
- Sandbags using wooden frames available at the range
For additional information: Contact Matt Daly at email@example.com or Jeff Locke at firstname.lastname@example.org