This is a center fire rifle competition conducted at the benchrest position using the International Benchrest Shooters (IBS) targets at 300 yards. Two shots are fired at each of the five targets on the target sheet. There are four relays with the aggregate score determining the competition winners. The objective is to score as many points as possible with ten points awarded for hitting in the center ring, with an additional point awarded for touching the bullseye and then a decreasing number of points in each of the outer rings. The scoring format is inner ring In order to be make the match more equitable there will be two rifle categories, Factory Class for off the shelf rifles and Custom Class for all other rifles. The match director shall make the final determination on all rifle classifications.
Matches are usually held on the third Saturday of each month, but may change due to other events. Check the range calendar for changes.
- $10.00 per match.
- Kenmore Range Safety rules will be applicable to this match.
- Chamber flags are required.
- Eye and ear protection is required.
- You do not need to be a club member to participate.
- Setup is from 7:30 to 9:00, no rifles on the range during that time. “Closed for Maintenance” sign will be in place.
- Check in at 8:30am; shooting begins at 9:00 am; the match typically is completed by 11:00am.
Firearm and Ammunition:
- Any center fire rifle with a 20X or greater scope recommended
- Ammunition is limited to center fire cartridges. Kenmore Range Policy prohibits armor piercing, explosive, tracer, or BMG-50 cartridges.
- A minimum of 40 rounds is required for the match plus unlimited rounds for sighters are allowed
Course of fire:
- An initial 15 minute sight in period
- Four relays using the IBS 100 or 200 Yard targets
- 13 minutes per relay
- The targets will be changed and scored after each relay
- Benchrest only
Rifle supports allowed:
- Benchrests or adjustable front stands along with rear rifle rests are allowable
- Bipods (either standard or F class)
- Sand bags using wooden frames available at the range
For additional information: Contact Richard Nicol firstname.lastname@example.org