Safety is everyone’s responsibility. Each shooter will observe and comply with the following rules, generally accepted firearm safety standards and use good common sense or will be asked to leave.
- COMMANDS – Follow all commands of range personnel.
- MUZZLE AND TRIGGER CONTROL – Guns will be pointed in a safe direction at all times. Keep your finger off the trigger until it’s your turn to shoot.
- UNLOADED AND ACTIONS OPEN – All guns will be kept unloaded and with actions open at all times except on the firing line.
- GUN HANDLING – There will be no gun handling or mounting of guns in the shot shack. Actions of all guns placed in gun racks are to be open except break-open guns. Immediately open the action of any break-open gun picked up from a gun rack.
- EYE & EAR – Eye and ear protection are required to be worn by all shooters and instructors on the firing line.
- CEASE FIRE – In the event of a cease fire, all guns will be unloaded, the actions will remain open and all gun handling will cease. The display of an orange cone on a trap house indicates a trap field cease fire is in effect.
- SHOOTING STATIONS – Shoot only from designated shooting stations. Before moving to the next station, unload your gun and keep the action open.
- BACK UP SHOOTING – Only one shooter is permitted to shoot at each target thrown. No back up shooting.
- LOAD ONE SHELL – Load one shell only for 16 yard and Handicap Trap. Load two shells only for Doubles Trap, Continental Trap, 5-Stand or Sporting Clays.
- TRAP LOADS ONLY – Only shot sizes of 7 1/2, 8, 8 1/2 or 9 are permitted on this range. No magnum loads are all
- MALFUNCTIONS – In the event of a misfire or malfunction, carefully open the action, unload the gun and check the barrels for obstructions.
- AUTHORITY – The hierarchy of authority on the ranges is; Rangemaster, Head Trapper, Trapper, Club Member, public shooter. Club Members who observe safety or range use violations without taking immediate action should expect to have their shooting privileges suspended.
- SAFETY VIOLATIONS – Report all safety violations to range personnel.
- CONDUCT – Abusive, obnoxious, or unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- INTOXICANTS – Absolutely no intoxicants are allowed on WCW property. Violators may be barred from the facility.
- OTHER – We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and to inspect all guns and ammunition brought to this facility.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHOOTERS ARE BEING MONITORED AND RECORDED BY CLOSED-CIRCUIT VIDEO